Your alumni card is your library card. Bring your alumni card to any library service desk for activation; contact any library location for annual renewal.
U of S Alumni may
- Borrow up to 10 regular loan items in person from any branch for 30 days
- Renew borrowed items twice, in person at the library or by logging into your Library Account
- Return books at any University Library branch
Request Interlibrary Loans (available for a charge)
You will be notified by email when an item you have borrowed has been recalled. Recalled items must be returned by the date specified on the recall notice to avoid late fees of $2/day per item.
Access to reserve materials varies among libraries. Please check with the library location to see what access you may have.
On Campus Access
U of S Alumni may
- Search our Library Catalogue
- Search most licensed databases and download articles
- Print from alumni computers in the Murray (4 computers), Engineering (1 computer), and Education & Music libraries (4 computers).
- Scan or photocopy in any library. Staff can help you add print/copier credits to your account.
- Ask for research help at service desks
- Access University Archives and Special Collections
Off Campus Access
Due to licensing agreements, the University Library is not able to provide Alumni with off campus access to the same subscribed electronic databases and resources available to currently enrolled students. Some electronic resources listed below are only available to alumni in Canada, please check the licensing agreement on the A to Z database listfor details.
Research help is available by phone, email or online with our Ask Us chat
Alumni Accessible Databases
Support for Professional Colleges
- Health Professionals may also be eligible for the Saskatchewan Health Information Resources Partnership (SHIRP) online library
- Practicing Veterinarians in Western Canada: Contact the Veterinary Medicine Library
- Professional Engineers (APEGS members): Contact the Engineering Library