This page is under construction. It will include information about:
- Real-time computer availability in branches
- Laptops & other tech available from the library
- Software installed on LC computers
- Systems status dashboard
- wireless networks
- IT support
Please note that you must use your NSID and password to login to computers in the library.
Current computer availability
Borrow a Laptop and Accessories
Lenovo ThinkPad laptops, HDMI/VGA/Mac adaptors, computer mice, and cables are avaliable to borrow from all seven library locations.
Who can borrow a laptop?
- U of S students, faculty, and staff can borrow a laptop using your student/staff card (doubles as your library card).
Where do I borrow a laptop from?
- Go to the check-out desk at of our seven library locations.
- Check current availability online by searching the Library Catalogue for "Laptop" in the title field. Results will show laptops and accessories for all seven locations.
- Laptops are available on a first-come-first-served basis and cannot be reserved.
- Every laptop comes with an charging cable, locking security cable, and a laptop bag.
- Borrowed laptops are not renewable, but if another laptop is available it may be checked out again right away.
- Laptops must be returned in person to the staff at the check-out desk at the due time or one hour before closing (whichever comes first). Late fees will accrue at the rate of $1.00 per hour for each item borrowed.
- If you borrow a laptop with charging cable and a mouse late fees will be $3.00 per hour.
- Library laptops are setup to access the U of S wireless network, CPAS printers, Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, and your campus email and cabinet file storage.
All users of computers in the Library are responsible for reading and understanding the Computer and Internet Acceptable Use Regulations.
Current System Status
Library system status as of Friday September 22, 2017 7:49pm.
|University Library Website||100 %|
|USearch Discovery Tool||100 %|
|Checkout & Catalogue (Sierra)||100 %|
|Find It! Article Linking||100 %|
|Off-Campus Access (Proxy Server)||100 %|
|Electronic Theses & DIssertations (eCommons)||100 %|
For campus-wide services, check the ICT System Status Summary page.
Programs Available on Library Computers
This section will include a list of the programs and software installed on desktop computers in the library.
Users cannot install software on library computers.