Register for DDLS
All distance and distributed users must register to request materials through the library.
Get library resources
- Make sure you are registered for DDLS
- Login to the library website in the top right corner of your screen using your NSID and password
- Find a book in the catalogue
- Once you find the book you want, click on the red Request Hold button at the top of the page
- Choose Distance Learners as your pick up location, and click GO!
- On the next page, click REQUEST SELECTED ITEM
- Repeat the same steps for each book you request
If you find an article that is not available through our website the library can email a copy to you.
What happens next?
The library will mail your requested books and a stamped return envelope to the address you used to register for DDLS. It is important that you keep your address up to date to receive your books.Returning books
You are responsible for returning your borrowed books to the library using the included return mailing envelope and label. Keep the postage receipt in case the package is lost in the mail.How long can I keep my borrowed books?
Borrowing periods vary. When you get the books in the mail check the due date. If you need to keep it longer, call us to renew. In-library-use-only materials are not mailed out.
The article will be emailed to your U of S email address. The file download is only accessible for 5 days from the time you first open the attachment but you can download and save a copy for your use. You should open the email attachment within 30 days of receipt, after 30 days your request will expire.
If the library doesn't have what you need
Resources for DDLS clients
There are many resources available to help DDLS clients access library materials and services.